SUZUKI VIOLIN PROGRAM
The Suzuki Music School of Greater Toledo Suzuki Violin Program consists of the parent-student-teacher triangle. Each has responsibilities to ensure that the student can learn and work to his full potential.
- Parents read "Nurtured By Love" and "Ability Development From Age Zero" by Dr. Shinichi Suzuki.
- Parents of young beginners also learn to play the violin as they are the home teacher.
- Parents play the repertoire recordings everyday for their child.
- Parents will ensure that student attends weekly lesson and scheduled Master Class lessons.
- Arrive 5 minutes early to allow time for student to take out instrument and prepare for lesson.
- Students will attend a weekly lesson.
- Student will attend scheduled Master Class lessons.
- Students will practice daily following a given format to help make the most of practice time.
- All repertoire is to be memorized.
- Materials required for lessons are: notebook to record lesson assignments and music.
- Upon arrival, get out instrument and prepare for the lesson.
- Teacher will adhere to the Suzuki philosophy.
- Teacher will strive to instill in each student the concepts of listening, technical mastery, musical sensitivity, and performing with a noble heart.
- Teacher will strive to teach and perform with a noble heart